Thailand, popularly known as the “Land of Smiles” is one of the best travel destinations of the world. Right from long sea beaches to majestic forests, jungles and mountains, Thailand has everything to offer to a holidaying party. Whether you like swimming, paragliding, mountain trekking, deep sea diving or just chilling and sunbathing on the beach, Thailand has everything to offer. Modern malls, traditional Buddhist gompas, ancient architecture, Thailand has them all.
Thailand has been ranked second by ‘Lonely Planet’ in Best Value Destinations of 2010’. Further, many of its favourite tourist destinations figure prominently in each major tourist guide list. Bangkok and Chiang Mai feature in the ’25 Best Tourist Places In the World’ in the list compiled by ‘TripAdvisor’. Y.achts.net also feature Thailand as a Luxury Yacht Charter – Charter a Private Super Yacht Today destination.
PLACES OF INTEREST
There are more than 400 places or things to do while you are in Thailand. But, for beginners and if you don’t plan to stay there for a year, this will be the list that you would want to stick to. By no means, this list is exhaustive; things and places of preference will differ and depend on your taste.
1. Bangkok: It is full of splendidly decorated Buddhist temples and palaces. It is one of the hubs of the traditional Buddhist people of the region. And also, if you love the night life and love to shake your body a little, Bangkok is the place. Its night life is one of the best in the world. Exquisite restaurants, nightclubs and bars throng the whole city.
2. Chiang Min: Another of the hugely famous tourist spot of Thailand. Contrasting traditional and modern features is the highlight of this city. More than 300 temples and uncountable number of bars and nightclubs abound the place. Adventure water sports like white water rafting, kayaking is prominent here.
3. Pattaya: Located on the east coast of the country, Pattaya is the one of the most sought after beaches in the whole of Asia. Much of the younger Asian generation can be found holidaying here. Jet skis and beach bars are the major attraction.
4. Patong: The perfect place for sunbathing. Adventure sports like kayaking, jet skiing, parasailing can be enjoyed here.
5. Krabi Town: This region is famous for its lush green jungles, limestone cliffs and small isles floating here and there. Tiger cave is a famous attraction where ancient Buddhist temples can be seen.
6. Hua Hin: Far and away from the crowd of the other beaches. This is a small beach which caters to the peace loving people. The rush of the other beaches is absent here.
The other prominent places that can also be visited are the Bophut Beach, Rawai Beach, Khao Lak, Songkla, Ko Tao, Santikhiri and Chiang Rai.